USA gun laws

I am someone who dislikes guns and I hate it when I see on the news about more shootings in the US knowing that nothing has been done to prevent these from happening. No one should be afraid to go to school, an event, or a public place and worry whether they will make it home if something like an assault rifle ends up in the wrong hands of someone.

I remember the Dunblane massacre very well and I remember after that incident, laws were changed and we have never seen something like that happen again in the UK.

We now have to worry about knives which I hope they will be able to do something about. Guns are a whole different story though as they can kill from long range.

I love my guns and I never used one to shoot anyone and I never will. Most legal firearm owners have never used a firearm on someone. The majority of shootings are committed by individuals wit’s illegally owned firearms. Gang members and other types of criminals. Not to mention most shootings are done with handguns. Not an AR15….

Yup. That's what I was referring to. The worst so far was like 20 little school kids shot dead. And still no change in gun law. I'm beginning to dislike our government. 😒
Nashville school right?

I love my guns and I never used one to shoot anyone and I never will.
As if you'd have the guts to reveal it on a public forum where @fords8 holds your IP address, even if you did ;)

The majority of shootings are committed by individuals wit’s illegally owned firearms.
Really? Firearms are legal to own in the USA in most states though. Apart from Chicago it is, I believe.
Some states have stricter laws than others.

I am someone who dislikes guns and I hate it when I see on the news about more shootings in the US knowing that nothing has been done to prevent these from happening. No one should be afraid to go to school, an event, or a public place and worry whether they will make it home if something like an assault rifle ends up in the wrong hands of someone.

I remember the Dunblane massacre very well and I remember after that incident, laws were changed and we have never seen something like that happen again in the UK.

We now have to worry about knives which I hope they will be able to do something about. Guns are a whole different story though as they can kill from long range.
Ban knives too maybe. Heck on top of that they should ban forks, hammers, axes, bats since they’re used by criminals to do harm to people. Ban cars too because they’re used to plow into crowds of people. responsible for thousands upon thousands of deaths year. See where I’m going with this? What should be done is for law agencies to go after the illegal gun trade because they’re responsible for most gun related deaths. Unfortunately there will always be a sick individual who owns a firearm legally and will use it to kill like mass shootings But again more people are killed in one day an illegally owned gun in the city of Chicago than all the Nass shootings committed in a year.
[automerge]1683237386[/automerge]
Nashville school right?

As if you'd have the guts to reveal it on a public forum where @fords8 holds your IP address, even if you did ;)

Really? Firearms are legal to own in the USA in most states though. Apart from Chicago it is, I believe.
Some states have stricter laws than others.
You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about. In the state of NY it all depends on where you live you and you have to go through a background check my friend. All my firearms are legally owned. You shouldn’t assume before you know the facts.Seriously though you should really think before you post.

Last edited:
You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about. In the state of NY it all depends on where you live you and you have to go through a background check my friend. All my firearms are legally owned. You shouldn’t assume before you know the facts.Seriously though you should really think before you post.
I wouldn't know, no one is an expert on EVERYTHING :)
The purpose of a forum is to learn from each other. Learn about different perspectives, different cultures.
So, thanks for correcting me there :cool:

I wouldn't know, no one is an expert on EVERYTHING :)
The purpose of a forum is to learn from each other. Learn about different perspectives, different cultures.
So, thanks for correcting me there :cool:
Yes not a single one of us is an expert and not a single one of us should assume something about a person without knowing the individual on a personal basis or make assumptions on topics they know nothing about. In my life I can tell you that I practice what I preach. I assume nothing about people that I don’t personally know and never assume anything about subjects I know nothing about. I also want to say that I do believe that background and a full psychological check should be done for potential gun owners.

Yes not a single one of us is an expert and not a single one of us should assume something about a person without knowing the individual on a personal basis or make assumptions on topics they know nothing about. In my life I can tell you that I practice what I preach. I assume nothing about people that I don’t personally know and never assume anything about subjects I know nothing about. I also want to say that I do believe that background and a full psychological check should be done for potential gun owners.
Not assuming. I'm against assuming too. Please note, I did use the words:
I believe.
Please note that I'm only human too :cool:

I was referring to your comment about me
Nashville school right?

Really? Firearms are legal to own in the USA in most states though.
I was referring to your comment About the if you did. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant and if I did I apologize.
[automerge]1683241606[/automerge]
Not assuming. I'm against assuming too. Please note, I did use the words:

Please note that I'm only human too :cool:
It’s great to ask questions and learn. I always ask questions about topics I know nothing about.

I was referring to your comment about me

I was referring to your comment About the if you did. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant and if I did I apologize.
If you were to shoot a person, you wouldn't admit it on a public forum surely. hahaahaahh you may be a murderer for all i know :p
I'm not accusing you, don't worry :cool:

@fords8 since you're a Trump supporter I was curious about your view on this:
The Republican governor of Texas, Gregg Abbott, told Fox News Sunday his aim was to target the possession of weapons by criminals and deal with a rising mental health crisis, rather than consider wider bans.

"People want a quick solution," he said. "The long term solution here is to address the mental health issue."

@Web Diva I'm keen to hear your views too!

A former US Marine who placed a homeless man in a fatal chokehold on the New York subway is expected to be charged with manslaughter.

Proof that even if US gun laws are tightened up, crap like this will always be an issue :mad:
@Web Diva @fords8

Daniel Penny, 24, will be arrested on Friday and accused of causing the death of 30-year-old Jordan Neely in a train carriage on 1 May.
His lawyers say he could not have known his actions to subdue Mr Neely would lead to his death.

My Neely was pinned to the ground and put in a chokehold for several minutes.

He had been shouting at other subway passengers and asking for money, witnesses said, but there is no indication he had physically attacked anyone.

In a statement earlier this month, lawyers for Mr Penny expressed condolences to the Neely family, and said Mr Penny and other passengers acted in self-defence.

They said Mr Neely's behaviour was "the apparent result of ongoing and untreated, mental illness", which prompted Mr Penny and others "to protect themselves, until help arrived".

I love my guns and I never used one to shoot anyone and I never will. Most legal firearm owners have never used a firearm on someone. The majority of shootings are committed by individuals wit’s illegally owned firearms. Gang members and other types of criminals. Not to mention most shootings are done with handguns. Not an AR15….
What do you use it for then? Please don't say trophy hunting, because we'll have an issue.

Ban knives too maybe. Heck on top of that they should ban forks, hammers, axes, bats since they’re used by criminals to do harm to people. Ban cars too because they’re used to plow into crowds of people.

I simply can't accept this. Every mass murder in US schools was done with guns. If guns didn't exist, or were extremely difficult to acquire, legally or illegally, these crimes probably wouldn't have happened. I don't recall a mass school killing spree by someone using "forks, hammers, axes, and bats".

I love my guns and I never used one to shoot anyone and I never will.

So if someone breaks into your house and is 2 seconds from killing your whole family, you are not going to shoot them in self-defense?

Last edited by a moderator:
718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member