Should cannabis be legalized?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
This has been an ongoing topic for quite a while with many people believing that cannabis should be legalized and others believing that it should remain illegal,

At the moment, with cannabis being illegal in most countries, it leaves people who use it for things such as pain management having to get it illegally which can in turn result in them getting into a lot of trouble with the law regardless of why they use it.

What are your thoughts on cannabis? Do you feel it should be legalized everywhere? Would it help to protect people from getting something that is not safe for them if it was legalized?

I definitely think it should at least be legal for epilepsy. I read an article where it was the most effective treatment for it, and other drugs had failed to mitigate so much.

I wasn't aware it helps to alleviate pain - interesting, thanks for sharing! How does that compare to painkillers though?

For medical reasons, yes. Thankfully, CBD oil is not outlawed, because that is the only treatment that helps one of my dogs that has a collapsed trachea. It's life giving for him and far better than cough syrups with codeine and anything else a vet could offer. Plants have a great healing power when used correctly and ethically.

For not medical reasons, then you get into using it properly or not, preventing excess use, but under the right circumstances there's a place for it. Anything in excess can be harmful.

The problem with street cannabis you don't know what's in it, no standard process.

For medical reasons, yes. Thankfully, CBD oil is not outlawed, because that is the only treatment that helps one of my dogs that has a collapsed trachea. It's life giving for him and far better than cough syrups with codeine and anything else a vet could offer.
Thanks for sharing this - I didn't realise cannibis has so many medical uses

The problem with street cannabis you don't know what's in it, no standard process.
I'd have thought that it's regulated though? I mean, in general the food supply chain is corrupt as is, I'd recommend watching the rotten TV series on netflix if you haven't already :)

Thanks for sharing this - I didn't realise cannibis has so many medical uses

I'd have thought that it's regulated though? I mean, in general the food supply chain is corrupt as is, I'd recommend watching the rotten TV series on netflix if you haven't already :)

I'll look for the Netflix series Rotten, thank you!

I definitely think it should at least be legal for epilepsy. I read an article where it was the most effective treatment for it, and other drugs had failed to mitigate so much.

I wasn't aware it helps to alleviate pain - interesting, thanks for sharing! How does that compare to painkillers though?
My dad used to take CBD oil when he was still mobile and able to move around on his own, he did it for the pain that he was in, in many places in his body and he swore by it. He had taken painkillers for the pain and even though it helped a little, it never fully took it away. Using the CBD oil allowed him to relax instead of his muscles being so tense due to the pain and that helped alleviate the pain.

Painkillers only go for pain and not to help someone relax.

My dad used to take CBD oil when he was still mobile and able to move around on his own, he did it for the pain that he was in, in many places in his body and he swore by it. He had taken painkillers for the pain and even though it helped a little, it never fully took it away. Using the CBD oil allowed him to relax instead of his muscles being so tense due to the pain and that helped alleviate the pain.

Painkillers only go for pain and not to help someone relax.
Oh that's great. I heard alcohol can also ease pain though for certain pain conditions. How does canniibis compare to alcohol for pain relief from your dad's experience (if he drinks, that is)?

The debate over cannabis legalization is complex. Advocates argue for economic benefits, reduced legal burdens, and regulation for safety. Opponents express concerns about health risks, impaired driving, and social consequences. Whether it should be legalized everywhere is subjective, dependent on values and considerations of regulation effectiveness.

For one, I believe marijuana should be legalized on the federal level. At least medical marijuana.

The debate over cannabis legalization is complex. Advocates argue for economic benefits, reduced legal burdens, and regulation for safety. Opponents express concerns about health risks, impaired driving, and social consequences. Whether it should be legalized everywhere is subjective, dependent on values and considerations of regulation effectiveness.

For one, I believe marijuana should be legalized on the federal level. At least medical marijuana.

Well said with citing both sides in the challenges of legalized marijuana. I agree, medical marijuana has a purpose. You only have to watch a video of a small child having seizures everyday, to realize if no other medical intervention helped her but the marijuana finally unburdened this child by seizures, than it's a compassionate choice.

I think before I turn 40 in 7 years, it will be legal everywhere (and taxed to high heaven).

Some people really do need it and rely on it, not something for everyone, but those who need it shouldn't struggle.
The taxation potential seems to be the primary driver for legalization here in NZ.
It's currently illegal in general, except in special medical cases and it is already legal to establish medical/commercial production operations—with very expensive licensing as well as a range of other absurd requirements.

The outgoing NZ corp govt basically set up policies enabling well resourced corporations to easily come in and take over the production market while the licencing expenses alone would mean it is an unviable business endeavour for everyone else lacking 10s of thousands in spare capital.

Imo the corp govts are simply seeking to exploit the potential for lining their own greedy pockets. They don't give a **** about medical benefits for some or drug abuse by others. It's all about money.

When I was in college, I learned that they use cannabis as a sedative for some people who have high levels of pain and also for those who stress all the time but never experience it in real life.

That is the truth. The issue with making it legal to be used by everyone is that the addiction rate is going to grow higher, and that is where issues will start because a lot of persons are already addicted to it talkmore of when it is made legal.

Legalizing cannabis offers several benefits. Medically, it provides therapeutic relief for conditions like chronic pain and epilepsy. Regulation ensures product quality and safety while undercutting the black market. Tax revenue can fund vital programs, and job opportunities stimulate economic growth. However, responsible regulations and public health campaigns are essential to mitigate potential risks, especially among vulnerable populations.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member