Not Wanting to Pay a Living Wage

Reaction score

Many claim that wages are simply too low, so that's why natives of the United States will not do a lot of work or will simply allow competition by others to win-out. Do you agree with this claim? What are some pros and cons of this argument?

Why work for peanuts when you can fake or get on disability and get more than what you work? This fact opened a lot of eyes during covid and led many to try and keep getting that free money. Need a task force to crack down on this.

Why work for peanuts when you can fake or get on disability and get more than what you work? This fact opened a lot of eyes during covid and led many to try and keep getting that free money. Need a task force to crack down on this.
The wage for fast food needs to be at least 18 USD/hour which allows for rent to be paid but is still not a middle class wage.

The wage for fast food needs to be at least 18 USD/hour which allows for rent to be paid but is still not a middle class wage.
I do agree that current wages is not enough for a head of household to sustain a decent living without working overtime to barely pay the basic bills.
But I get confused to draw a line because when salaries increases also everything gets even more expensive. So, we get
to square one again. Any thoughts?

No. Fast food is just a job that should be done for those starting out or need extra cash. It's the grocery store people and similar jobs that need extra money to maintain supplies for people who need it.

In Canada apartments have been become unaffordable for the average person. Landlords have got greedy. You need a roommate nowadays.
There are parts of the US where the rent thing isn't a problem. Some examples are parts of North Dakota, Louisiana, Indiana, and Arkansas. Basically, places that are far from boom-town areas like Nashville, where I'm at now, are a better spot, of course.

There are parts of the US where the rent thing isn't a problem. Some examples are parts of North Dakota, Louisiana, Indiana, and Arkansas. Basically, places that are far from boom-town areas like Nashville, where I'm at now, are a better spot, of course.

I might be moving cities/towns because prices are outragous in Sudbury, and it'll be more affordable in another town.

I do agree that current wages is not enough for a head of household to sustain a decent living without working overtime to barely pay the basic bills.
But I get confused to draw a line because when salaries increases also everything gets even more expensive. So, we get
to square one again. Any thoughts?
That has also been my fear. The government of my country is negotiating a new minimum wage with organized labour. But those in the non organized labour are scared that increasing minimum wage would lead to massive inflation even when cost of production would not rise.

That has also been my fear. The government of my country is negotiating a new minimum wage with organized labour. But those in the non organized labour are scared that increasing minimum wage would lead to massive inflation even when cost of production would not rise.
I believe the solution is the governments to facilitate people to start their own business by demolishing so many restrictions from every corner and lowering the barrier to start new businesses.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member