Do video games encourage violence?

You apparently can do "whatever you want" without being spied on and without your privacy infringed upon. Again, I don't do anything that would cause an issue, so no need for the "dark" web. I do use a VPN sometimes, and I use decentralized networks instead of FB and twitter. F that. hehe
What kinda decentralised social networks?

Have you tried horror movies? Some of them will have an effect on you for days. The same goes for some video games. You are so lost in the story line that there is a chance you live the character.
Sure, there are VERY few good horror movies out there, I gotta admit. Too many are cliche.
I'd say cocaine bears is a proper horror movie. It's unique and feels real.

Since I was a young child, I have also enjoyed playing video games. I especially enjoy first-person shooters, but I never gave violence any thought; instead, playing video games helped me develop my critical thinking skills and my ability to handle pressure.

Agreed 100%. If someone is becoming violet because of a computer game, movie, or whatever, they were already like that. Millions of people play violent games all day and are harmless. Myself included. Those that claim otherwise are making excuses for their bad parenting or trying to shift blame because they can't deal with the fact that their kid is a psychopath.

Agreed 100%. If someone is becoming violet because of a computer game, movie, or whatever, they were already like that. Millions of people play violent games all day and are harmless. Myself included. Those that claim otherwise are making excuses for their bad parenting or trying to shift blame because they can't deal with the fact that their kid is a psychopath.
Yes, they are making up reasons to avoid being punished. If video games really promoted violence, they would have been outlawed long ago, but this is just being used as a convenient excuse.

Video games encouraging violence is dependent on the psyche of the gamer. We all know that games are simulations and should not be taken seriously. Anyone who does a violent act after playing a video game was probably pre disposed to violent acts and getting exposed to the game fuels it out.

In some point, yes, violence are promoted by the video games kids are playing. I remember hearing about a video game about completing the task. I cannot remember the name but there were reports of casualty where the kid killed herself because of the instruction given in the video game.

Yes, they are making up reasons to avoid being punished. If video games really promoted violence, they would have been outlawed long ago, but this is just being used as a convenient excuse.
The Best Thumbs Up GIF

Video games encouraging violence is dependent on the psyche of the gamer. We all know that games are simulations and should not be taken seriously. Anyone who does a violent act after playing a video game was probably pre disposed to violent acts and getting exposed to the game fuels it out.
I can also agree here.....

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member