Should voting be made compulsory?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
At the moment, voting I believe in most countries is not compulsory and it's a choice as to whether you use your vote or just do not bother to vote. In some cases, people don't vote as they really do not believe their vote counts or they either have no clue who to vote for in which case, that can drastically change the outcome of an election.

Do you feel voting should be made compulsory? Would it make a difference if it was?

When the voting system is so messed up in my country which have made a lot of people lose interest in exercising their civic rights because the electoral body will end up selecting who paid them more, there's no way it's going to be possible to make voting compulsory. The people won't have it.

When the voting system is so messed up in my country which have made a lot of people lose interest in exercising their civic rights because the electoral body will end up selecting who paid them more, there's no way it's going to be possible to make voting compulsory. The people won't have it.
This is pretty much similar here in the UK, most do not know who to vote for or they have no faith at all in those who are offered to vote on and they instead, choose to not use their vote. If they were forced to use their vote and had to choose anyone despite having no faith in them, that would cause a huge uproar.

Election reforms should be a priority instead of making voting compulsory. There are a couple of people whose religion forbids voting and making voting compulsory, which will make the mess of everything they want to achieve with their spiritual goals.

Making voting compulsory negates the very foundation of democracy which is freedom of choice. Voting should be a thing of choice. If it is low voters turnout, the solution is to build confidence of the people about the electoral system. They would turn out to vote if they trust the system.

I have never voted in any elections in my country. The people's votes don't count. Everything is rigged and the highest bidder is announced winner of elections. Why should I waste my time and energy to go vote.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member