Should the right to online privacy be considered a fundamental entitlement?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Online privacy is something we are all aware of if we use the internet frequently and as much as we are entitled to our privacy online, there may be times when that may not be feasible, which needs to be looked into for legal reasons.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel online privacy should be considered a fundamental entitlement?

Sure, personally I don't like anyone trying to invade my privacy or trying to sell my personal data for whatever reason. Nobody should try to trace or try to know my activities online.
This I agree with whole heartedly, much like away from the internet where you have privacy, the same should be the case online but I feel with how much the internet is used and issues that are faced by those who abuse the use of the internet, we may one day find ourselves not having as much privacy as we used to have.

I prefer to have my privacy online and be able to set preferences that I am happy with.

Online privacy is something we are all aware of if we use the internet frequently and as much as we are entitled to our privacy online, there may be times when that may not be feasible, which needs to be looked into for legal reasons.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel online privacy should be considered a fundamental entitlement?
Yes, but who is going to enforce it? The internet doesn't exist in just one region or country. It is global. The same can be said for "policing" the internet. No one "owns" it....

Definitely. Online privacy is a fundamental entitlement. It's a digital world. And all of us spend a good amount of our time online. Our life is divided between offline and virtual world. And our privacy in both lives is equally important and should be respected. Somehow, it becomes too tricky with online world. We need to be very careful and play safe when it comes to our privacy online. A lot depends on us and we have to be responsible.

You should have the right to choose the information you share. That's why every site has an obligation to tell the users about their privacy policies before the user can decide using the site or not. Online privacy is a fundamental human right. We always choose to give it out.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member