Should recycling be made compulsory?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
So we know at the moment recycling is something everyone can do and it is usually a service that local councils or even areas support as well. As much as recycling is something we can all do, it is not at the moment compulsory meaning many people are not recycling as much as others.

Do you feel that recycling should be made compulsory? Do you know of anywhere that has made it compulsory?

Recycling is like a social responsibility that we owe our earth. If we fail to recycle, where would our children stay. We owe them a responsibility to make the world at least as good as we had it for them to thrive. And recycling is one aspect that can ensure that.

In my country, the fact remains that recycling is optional. This is something that persons would take it as an option if for instance buying a new thing is more expensive and way costly than recycling.

I hope that the public should be sensitized on the importance of recycling. I have realized that most people are not aware of the recycling as a whole.

I believe so, but we also need to understand recycling is not always good for the environment as it consumes a lot of energy. Some products also cause environmental damages while recycling, for instance, when you recycle plastic, you will also release micro plastic in the environment.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member