Should animal dissection be banned in schools?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
The dissection of animals is something that tends to be done usually in science class at school. I was lucky that I didn't have to do this in school and that it wasn't something they were doing when I was in school but I know that my mum did this when she was in school as I remember her mentioning it to me once.

I have also been told by my kids that they have also done this so it seems as though it is still something that is done in schools to an extent.

Do you feel the dissection of animals should be banned in schools or do you see no harm in it?

I think it should be the choice of the individual as some ppl can't handle it or get triggered by it.
I liked that my biology teacher at school was understanding of everyone's boundaries and gave ppl the choice to leave the room if uncomfortable/

I think it should be the choice of the individual as some ppl can't handle it or get triggered by it.
I liked that my biology teacher at school was understanding of everyone's boundaries and gave ppl the choice to leave the room if uncomfortable/
See that I can get behind and that is something I feel all schools should do so that the student has that option and choice if they would like to do it. Some schools however tend to push their students to partake in the dissection even if they do not want to and I feel that is wrong and that they should have a choice.

I know when my daughter had to do it, she told me she and her friend walked out of the classroom and refused to do it and they got punished for it and I feel that is wrong.

See that I can get behind and that is something I feel all schools should do so that the student has that option and choice if they would like to do it. Some schools however tend to push their students to partake in the dissection even if they do not want to and I feel that is wrong and that they should have a choice.

I know when my daughter had to do it, she told me she and her friend walked out of the classroom and refused to do it and they got punished for it and I feel that is wrong.
I assumed all teachers are respectful enough. Wow.

I have button phobia and when I tried to justify why I lied that I'm not wearing anything under my sweatshirt during cooking lessons, the teacher said "well, tough luck!" and I just thought to myself how inconsiderate. Teachers need to be compassionate about phobias students may face.

During my time in college, I enrolled in a pre-medical course that required students to dissect a bullfrog. I was quite apprehensive about the idea of doing so, but given that it was a mandatory part of the curriculum, I felt like I had no choice but to go through with it. The experience was not easy, and I found myself feeling quite uncomfortable throughout the entire process. In hindsight, I feel that it would have been better if the teacher had given students the option to opt out of such activities if they felt uneasy about it. I believe that learning should not come at the cost of one's mental and emotional well-being and that there are alternative methods of learning that can be just as effective without causing distress to students.

During my time in college, I enrolled in a pre-medical course that required students to dissect a bullfrog. I was quite apprehensive about the idea of doing so, but given that it was a mandatory part of the curriculum, I felt like I had no choice but to go through with it. The experience was not easy, and I found myself feeling quite uncomfortable throughout the entire process. In hindsight, I feel that it would have been better if the teacher had given students the option to opt out of such activities if they felt uneasy about it. I believe that learning should not come at the cost of one's mental and emotional well-being and that there are alternative methods of learning that can be just as effective without causing distress to students.
When we cry about taking practical classes, that's where it starts from. Medical schools require their students to come in and watch surgical operations. That's dissection at an advanced level. The dissection of animals in schools os just to lay a foundation for a science class career.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member