Have you ever used herbs and roots for treatment?

Reaction score
A lot of people look down on herbs and roots as a viable means of treatment but I don't blame them because they don't have the knowledge on how effective herbs can be in treating so many illness.

My grandmother is herbalist and all the time I lived with her, it's herbs that she used to treat any illness I had and I hardly have reoccurring illness of the same thing treated with herbs in a very long time.

A lot of people look down on herbs and roots as a viable means of treatment but I don't blame them because they don't have the knowledge on how effective herbs can be in treating so many illness.

My grandmother is herbalist and all the time I lived with her, it's herbs that she used to treat any illness I had and I hardly have reoccurring illness of the same thing treated with herbs in a very long time.
I agree, I feel like natural remedies are underrated !

I was recommend iglu gel for pain relief of mouth ulcers, told that it’s more effective than bongela. Howverr, I found it made it worse along with the yucky taste. I found that putting turmeric and butter directly on my mouth ulcers popped it the next day or so. Also that SLS free toothpastes reduce aggro of mouth ulcers.

I have used things like lavender and also other herbal remedies in the past for certain issues that I have had but I wouldn't say that it is something I always do.

In some cases, taking herbal remedies for a health issue you have can be better than any medication that you may be prescribed, some people even swear by herbal remedies over medication for ill health or issues they may have.

In my country, the default treatment for malaria is an extract of lemon grass. And I by default use that too. It works for not so severe malaria fever. I only take drugs if the lemon grass therapy fails. I think that's the only herbal treatment I can take.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member