Gambling

Reaction score
Website
offtopix.com
Do you like gambling?

Why do you think so many people like gambling?

What makes people so addicted to gambling?

Have you ever won or lost a lot of money through gambling?

betting harley quinn GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

I am not a fan of gambling as I have seen too many people affected by gambling in the past so I avoid it.

Most of the time it's the winning that makes people addicted to gambling and if they have had a streak of luck they keep going in hopes they will keep winning and then it turns into an addiction.

After losing a lot of money in gambling, I stopped. These days I do not gamble. People are addicted to gambling for two reasons, one, they want to get rich without doing hard work, and two, they want a shortcut road to success.

They are both one and the same :p
I just realized I was telling the same thing through different words. :D You can be easily addicted to gambling just like with drugs and alcohol. When it comes to gambling, I do not think self-restraint actually works. When I was growing up my father gave me an advice, never get engaged in three things, alcohol, gambling, and women (prostitutes), once you get in there is no way to get out.

I just realized I was telling the same thing through different words. :D You can be easily addicted to gambling just like with drugs and alcohol. When it comes to gambling, I do not think self-restraint actually works. When I was growing up my father gave me an advice, never get engaged in three things, alcohol, gambling, and women (prostitutes), once you get in there is no way to get out.
I agree about gambling and prostitutes, but not about alcohol.
I mean sure, it's hard to really stop social drinking if it's something you do, but alcohol in moderation is no bad thing. Medical experts say that your liver recovers if you don't overdo the amount and frequency of alcohol. Not everyone gets addicted to alcohol :cool:

Do you like gambling?

Why do you think so many people like gambling?

What makes people so addicted to gambling?

Have you ever won or lost a lot of money through gambling?

betting harley quinn GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski
I'm very sure that it's the need to make money from gambling that makes people get addicted to it. Even though they might not be winning but as long as they are seeing others win, they will be deeply committed to it till it either makes or break them.

I mean sure, it's hard to really stop social drinking if it's something you do, but alcohol in moderation is no bad thing. Medical experts say that your liver recovers if you don't overdo the amount and frequency of alcohol. Not everyone gets addicted to alcohol :cool:
I do not disagree that alcohol in moderation can be beneficial. However, it is really difficult to drink moderately, you never know when you star drinking like a fish.

I do not disagree that alcohol in moderation can be beneficial. However, it is really difficult to drink moderately, you never know when you star drinking like a fish.
Most ppl I know don't get addicted though.
It's fine to get drunk as long as you are with someone you trust to look after you :cool:
Personally, I never let it to get to the stage of being drunk though, as I don't like the idea of being out of control :p

But wait, does fishes drink alcohol 😂 😂..don't mind me, I know you're talking about them drinking water cos that's their habitat.
I would never stop drinking alcoholic beverages. I don't do drugs or smoke Cannabis but only alcohol. I used to get drunk when I drink like a stupid idiot but not anymore.

I love poker machines, but I've never won anything substantial. Anyway, that was a long time ago and now I view gambling as very wasteful and sinful. In fact, the only justifiable gambling is getting a biz going or playing the stock market.

The few times i've gambled I have tended to win, but I'm also wise enough to know that's the trap right there... You get the winning feeling and want to chase that feeling again just like a drug.

Got to know to win a few and get out, for the house will always win in the end if you stay.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member