Euthanasia: The right to choose not to live.

Reaction score
Every human has the right to life as a basic right. For some people though, they are going through some conditions that they sincerely prefer to die. And they elect to die.

Do you think that government should legalize elective death? Do humans have the right to choose to die?

In principle, I think so. I do however have two reservations: one practical (and in some extent avoidable) and one more general reservation that is more difficult to solve.

1. Many doctors do not want to be the one to "pull the trigger". Could be avoided as an issue by letting them opt in and out of doing it.
  2. I fear that some, especially the elderly, will feel a "responsibility" of sorts to die. Seeing their loved ones spending time, energy and perhaps money on the old person's mission to cling to life might lead to guilt, which in turn might make some people request euthanasia even though they in reality would like to live.

I think it is a family decision especially if the illness is an advanced stage and they do not have enough funds to cover cost of hospital so they choose to end the life of this person and not continue in the medical threatment by the acceptance of doctor to stop machines to this person, while it is considered as a crime, it is not personal choice generally but family of ill person choice.

In my humble opinion, the government should allow people to choose whether to have euthanasia or not. Some people are suffering to the extent that they are in unbearable pain and can no longer endure it. They should have the freedom to decide to end their lives, especially if they are suffering in all aspects of life and there is no cure for their disease.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member