Do you think detentions work to help punish children?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Detentions are something that is given to children when they misbehave in school, break the rules, or even if they are late for school. Detentions are usually given now at least in the UK at the end of the day and they are for an hour now.

In some cases, detentions to work in preventing children from breaking rules or misbehaving in school but in other cases, some children are not phased by detention and never learn when they receive one.

This got me thinking, do detentions help when they are given to children in school for breaking rules? Could there be something else used to punish children that may be something they really dislike to prevent them from breaking rules again?

There's nothing like detentions down here in my school when I was a kid. It's not something familiar to our country or educational system. You get flogged when you misbehave in school or at home. Most kids here will even abuse the detention because it's going to be too easy for them.

There's nothing like detentions down here in my school when I was a kid. It's not something familiar to our country or educational system. You get flogged when you misbehave in school or at home. Most kids here will even abuse the detention because it's going to be too easy for them.
Yeah, I often wonder if detentions even really work in our country as well. Most kids now see it as an award especially when it comes to being around their friends, it's like it's clever and cool for them to get detention and so they don't care whether they get one or not.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member