Do you self medicate?

Reaction score
Self medication would be the last thing I'm going to do for any reason whatsoever because I know how dangerous it can be if something goes wrong. It's the reason why I don't take medical personnels for a joke because what they do holds life together. A friend of mine overdosed on drugs when he tried to self medicate, so it's not something I would do.

Personally, I would after doing my thorough research. I don’t believe that doctors, however qualified, can know everything. While misinformation on the internet remains an issue, we can be vigilant by fact-checking cross-source. A doctor would, in my opinion and from my experience, never admit not knowing something. They will just deny my facts to be false.

For example, my GP said it was not the case that SLS free toothpastes prevent aggro of mouth ulcers. Although multiple sources stated this to be a fact, and many ppl on online forums confirmed this to be their experience. I can now confirm this as my experience once I switched from Colgate to sensodyne.

I never self-medicate as I always have that worry of taking too much and ending up with an overdose and I would hate for that to happen.

I only take medication that is prescribed to me by a doctor but I will also look for natural or home remedies that are safe so I have another choice over taking medication if I am able to.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member