Do you believe that using EV could solve the environmental problem?

Reaction score
Every day, more and more companies are producing electric vehicles (EVs), even the well-known ones. In the near future, many nations will outlaw gasoline-powered automobiles in an effort to reduce global warming and improve the environment.

Do you, however, believe that owning an EV can alter the environment?

Global warming and Climate change is a reality. The world is finally waking up to it though slower and pretty late. The use of EV might not resolve the whole problem with the environment. But it would be a huge step in atleast cutting down the air pollution ( vehicles and industrial pollution are the major contributor) in a big way and will have positive impact on carbon footprint. Also, we need alternative to fuels that will slowly get over. Oil Mining also is not good for environment in many ways.
So, yes it's a huge step. Every little step towards going green and be conscious about the carbon footprint will contribute.

Every day, more and more companies are producing electric vehicles (EVs), even the well-known ones. In the near future, many nations will outlaw gasoline-powered automobiles in an effort to reduce global warming and improve the environment.

Do you, however, believe that owning an EV can alter the environment?
In my village alone, there are lots of people using the E-bike - the three-wheel or the 4-wheel. I believe, this will lessen the consumption of gasoline which is evidently high as of the moment. The electricity is also charging high rates. But I get their point not using the gas-powered motors as they are advocate of global warming and the love for clean air environment.

In my village alone, there are lots of people using the E-bike - the three-wheel or the 4-wheel. I believe, this will lessen the consumption of gasoline which is evidently high as of the moment. The electricity is also charging high rates. But I get their point not using the gas-powered motors as they are advocate of global warming and the love for clean air environment.
About 2 years ago the local city council bought several hundred e-bikes/scooters which they set up all across the city....

....😂these barely lasted roughly 6 months before the remaining ones were pulled entirely.

Do you guys/gals actually know how EV batteries are produced?

🤨 Because the pollution, environmental damage, waste materials and human abuses via child slave labour is significantly worse than petrol/diesel vehicle production.

To believe the politicized mainstream narrative that somehow EVs are better for the environment and whatnot—is a delusional belief in a completely fabricated lie.

The simple reality is that EVs are vastly worse by comparison to gas/diesel vehicles.

Both EVs and e-bikes are positive things that will help the environment in some way, but since EV batteries are composed of hazardous materials, we need consider how to dispose of them so as not to pollute the air and soil.

Electric vehicles and e bikes are definitely a step forward to cleaner environment in a small way, at least curbing the pollution caused by vehicle. It might not solve all the issues that contribute to environmental problems, but would definitely handle a part of it that it is designed for. It seems that the batteries are not eco friendly when it comes to disposing them after they have been used. Electric vehicles are pretty new. More and more research and work are being done to make them more convenient and effective to be used. And I am sure that a lot of research and work must be going on to make their batteries not only more efficient but also eco friendly in disposal.

Electric vehicles and e bikes are definitely a step forward to cleaner environment in a small way, at least curbing the pollution caused by vehicle. It might not solve all the issues that contribute to environmental problems, but would definitely handle a part of it that it is designed for. It seems that the batteries are not eco friendly when it comes to disposing them after they have been used. Electric vehicles are pretty new. More and more research and work are being done to make them more convenient and effective to be used. And I am sure that a lot of research and work must be going on to make their batteries not only more efficient but also eco friendly in disposal.
The problem is not electric vehicles themselves. The problem if the production of electricity is eco-friendly or not. Because not all manners of producing electricity are eco-friendly. Some of them destroy nature.

The impact of EVs all depend on electricity sources, manufacturing processes, and driving habits. EVs produce zero tailpipe emissions, contributing to improved air quality, especially in urban areas. Also, as the electricity grid continues to transition towards renewable energy sources such as solar and wind power, the overall carbon footprint of EVs can further decrease, enhancing their environmental credentials. Transitioning to EVs alone may not solve all environmental challenges associated with transportation, but when coupled with efforts to decarbonize the electricity grid and promote sustainable manufacturing practices, they can play a significant role in achieving a more environmentally friendly transportation system

The problem is not electric vehicles themselves. The problem if the production of electricity is eco-friendly or not. Because not all manners of producing electricity are eco-friendly. Some of them destroy nature.
Yes, that's a big concern. Producing electricity should also be a eco friendly way for it to support the environment. If they use natural resources like water, solar and wind energy, it would be more eco friendly. But then we do have limited resources of water.
Moreover, it seems that tha batteries used in these electric vehicles also have to be eco friendly. Seems like that they are not easy to be disposed off.

As much as electrical vehicles do sound great and they may be able to help the environment, I feel they are causing more issues than anything else.

I know in some cases the charging on EVs is causing substations and power stations to struggle which has been shown in the increase of power outages many have had.

EV's are just a way to say we are being environmentally conscious which is just pullling the wool over your eyes. The cost of mining the minerals needed to make these EV batteries and the impact associated just blows the theory out the water. It's like wind turbines. They actually leak mass amounts of oil into the surrounding area, not to mention you cant recycle a wint tower, they get buried!

Unless they completely overhaul both the current car and environment for it, I will never own one. I be too afraid of the battery dying.
That's a big concern with many buyers. And so they are still hesitant about buying electric cars despite all the encouragement from the government. I am sure that a lot of research and work is going on to improve the battery quality and battery life. EVs are projected as the future and I am sure that they will keep improving as they evolve.

EVs would to a large extent minimize the extent of the environmental problem but having that thinking it would be solved by EVs is a mirage. Unless we start having more of electrically powered industrial equipment would we get very near to solving the problem.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member