Do video games encourage violence?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Video games have been a topic of debate for quite a long time, at first it was how children could become lazy playing video games and now it is that children playing video games encourages violence.

The main one of course is how video games encourage violence, especially with things such as shootings being as frequent as they are.

I myself have been a gamer since I was around 3 years old and I still game now I have never once thought about turning violent after playing a video game.

Do you believe that video games can make people violent or is that just an excuse for governments not doing enough to prevent the violence that is happening?

GTA has a lot in it. It never interested me. So I never have played it.
There are certain games which I wouldn't let any of kid who's below 15 years of to play and GTA is one of such games.

Take a look at what playing violent games like GTA did to this kid and his parents allowed it. I will blame them 100%.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IbN_46ezP4

Video games are not to blame for violence, if you blame video games then you should blame the news for reporting on violence all the time. It's also like blaming movies, most people who are violent most likely are growing up in an unstable household, or they have a mental disorder causing them to lash out. If video games caused violence, there would be way more violence in the world as there's millions of gamers these days.

There are certain games which I wouldn't let any of kid who's below 15 years of to play and GTA is one of such games.

Take a look at what playing violent games like GTA did to this kid and his parents allowed it. I will blame them 100%.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IbN_46ezP4
As I and @Ravenfreak mentioned, the guy probably had some kinda psychological/mental/personality disorder?
Can't say it's worth making rules for the majority due to a minority, which would probably be dealt with best via professional assistance.

Video games are not to blame for violence, if you blame video games then you should blame the news for reporting on violence all the time. It's also like blaming movies, most people who are violent most likely are growing up in an unstable household, or they have a mental disorder causing them to lash out. If video games caused violence, there would be way more violence in the world as there's millions of gamers these days.
Yes agreed. Blaming video games for violence is ludicrous and an absurd excuse for lazy parenting. I've played violent games for years, and don't even kill bugs. In fact, I'm a pacifist and a peaceful man. I also watch violent movies, read violent books, listen to violent music, etc. Should all of this be censored because some stupid kid who was ALREADY messed up goes and commits a crime? Hell no. The world is already violent and has been LONG before the existence of video games

As for the original subject, do they encourage violence? Maybe. But again, where are the parents? And also, as stated, these tendencies must already exist in great proportions, and even so, I'd never simply blame a game for someone's violence.

I'm completely against censorship, which is the core issue here. I don't need some committee telling ME what I should or shouldn't watch, play, or listen to. I could go on, but I hope someone sees my point. :)

Yes agreed. Blaming video games for violence is ludicrous and an absurd excuse for lazy parenting. I've played violent games for years, and don't even kill bugs. In fact, I'm a pacifist and a peaceful man. I also watch violent movies, read violent books, listen to violent music, etc. Should all of this be censored because some stupid kid who was ALREADY messed up goes and commits a crime? Hell no. The world is already violent and has been LONG before the existence of video games

As for the original subject, do they encourage violence? Maybe. But again, where are the parents? And also, as stated, these tendencies must already exist in great proportions, and even so, I'd never simply blame a game for someone's violence.

I'm completely against censorship, which is the core issue here. I don't need some committee telling ME what I should or shouldn't watch, play, or listen to. I could go on, but I hope someone sees my point. :)
Agreed, I hate censorship!

I too find that a violent child needs not to be watching any violent video or movie. The blame may be shifted to the digital parents who are seem to be overwhelmed by the whole issue of good parenting to their kids.
The currently parents really have no time with their kids as they tend to be more busy with the money making processes.
Therefore watching of the violent video games and movies can not have any effect on the morals on the kids characters.

I too find that a violent child needs not to be watching any violent video or movie. The blame may be shifted to the digital parents who are seem to be overwhelmed by the whole issue of good parenting to their kids.
The currently parents really have no time with their kids as they tend to be more busy with the money making processes.
Therefore watching of the violent video games and movies can not have any effect on the morals on the kids characters.
Yes agreed. I really feel sorry for kids of this generation. Most often it seems, both parents are working long hours to provide for their off-spring, but this can have a negative effect, as the kids are less supervised and receive less personal attention. They may learn their morals from the internet, which I think could be problematic....

Yes agreed. I really feel sorry for kids of this generation. Most often it seems, both parents are working long hours to provide for their off-spring, but this can have a negative effect, as the kids are less supervised and receive less personal attention. They may learn their morals from the internet, which I think could be problematic....
You have hit the nail on its head for sure. Nowadays the internet has become the real parents of the kids of this generation.

Everyone is like: "yeah, you can do all sorts of illegal **** on the dark web". My answer is: "If *you* can get on there, then so can law enforcement!"

I have nothing to hide. I don't go around talking about or dealing with illegal stuff. ;)

Everyone is like: "yeah, you can do all sorts of illegal **** on the dark web". My answer is: "If *you* can get on there, then so can law enforcement!"

I have nothing to hide. I don't go around talking about or dealing with illegal stuff. ;)
I mean, what else is the dark web used for besides illegal stuff hehe

I mean, what else is the dark web used for besides illegal stuff hehe
You apparently can do "whatever you want" without being spied on and without your privacy infringed upon. Again, I don't do anything that would cause an issue, so no need for the "dark" web. I do use a VPN sometimes, and I use decentralized networks instead of FB and twitter. F that. hehe

Video games have been found to encourage violence among kids and young adults, however, among adults and mature people video games tend to have a lot of benefits including improved performance in the workplace.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member