Assaults in hospitals

Reaction score
For those of you who are not in the loop, every time Lucy Letby's in charge, healthy babies have sadly decreased. This has obviously led to suspicions that she's been killing them. In addition an unusual amount of gas was found in babies, suggesting this behaviour was intentional.

The good news now is that despite repeated denials, clear evidence of her guilt has been unveiled and she should be brought to justice!

A nurse accused of murdering babies on a neonatal ward wrote "I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough" on a note found at her home, a jury heard.

Last edited:
The fact she was able to get away with this as long as she did and how many babies she killed is just shocking. In any health care setting no one should be worried about whether they or their babies are safe in the care of a nurse that they trust.

I myself am also not for the death sentence but I do believe that a sentence that ensures she can never harm another baby again is definitely something she should receive.

I myself am also not for the death sentence but I do believe that a sentence that ensures she can never harm another baby again is definitely something she should receive.
She'd certainly never work in the field again.
Hope she'll be fitted with electronic tagging upon prison release. So police can track her whereabouts for when it comes to cases like this.

She'd certainly never work in the field again.
Hope she'll be fitted with electronic tagging upon prison release. So police can track her whereabouts for when it comes to cases like this.
Oh for sure, if she ever did end up back in that profession again it would be through the negligence of the system and that would be a serious flaw.

Hopefully, if they have any sense they will tag her upon a release. After what she has done though, I would have rather seen a prison sentence where she never saw the outside world again and it was just four walls and a prison cell.

I think that kind of the punishment is more than enough for criminals like that to change for the better ever. However having their working documents provoked should be the part of the punishment and a change of profession being initiated upon the her release from prison if at all she won't serve a life sentence.

Four carers have been found guilty of ill-treating patients at a secure hospital, following a BBC Panorama investigation.
Bennett was convicted for "deliberately referencing and snapping balloons" in the presence of a female patient who did not like them and "mocking" another's communication difficulties by talking to her in French.

Matthew Banner was guilty of ill-treating the same patient, who preferred female carers, by "threatening" that men would be sent to her room and making repeated references to balloons.

Sanderson was found guilty of threatening a male patient with violence and "goading him to fight".

Fuller was guilty of instructing another male patient to lie on the floor to demonstrate a restraint and then simulating an assault by pretending to perform an "elbow drop" wrestling move from a chair.

He was also found guilty of "antagonising" another male patient and "encouraging" him to fight.
Shocking, right?

The fact she was able to get away with this as long as she did and how many babies she killed is just shocking. In any health care setting no one should be worried about whether they or their babies are safe in the care of a nurse that they trust.

UPDATE on Lucy Letby case as per OP:-
A nurse accused of murdering seven babies and attempting to kill 10 others on a neonatal unit has told jurors the charges against her are "sickening".
Lucy Letby wept as she gave evidence at Manchester Crown Court for the first time, saying her job at the Countess of Chester Hospital "was her life".

The court heard the 33-year-old had "always wanted to work with children" and had been traumatised by her arrest.

Ms Letby, originally from Hereford, denies all 22 charges against her.

Ms Letby said that after she first became aware of the allegations - in a letter from the Royal College of Nursing in September 2016 - she went to her GP.

"I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't eating," she said.

"I was started on some antidepressants, which I remain on now."

Ms Letby said that over the last few years there had been "times when I didn't want to live".

She said she "can't put into words" the impact the accusations have had on her.

The nurse added that she was diagnosed with PTSD following her arrests and receives psychological support.

The jury has previously been shown notes which were found at Ms Letby's home during a search by detectives.

The court has heard she thought she had written one of them when she had been removed from duties at the neonatal unit.

Mr Myers asked Ms Letby why she had written "not good enough".

She replied: "I think that's the overwhelming thought and feeling I had about myself at that point."

Asked why she had written she would never have a family, she said: "At that time I couldn't see any future for myself... I didn't have any hope… the whole situation felt hopeless at times."

Quizzed why she had written "I am evil, I did this", Ms Letby said she felt she "somehow had been incompetent and done something wrong, which affected those babies".

"I felt I must be responsible in some way," she added.

The accused said she had been "really struggling" with her mental health when she wrote the note and it was a way for her to express everything she was feeling.

When asked how much she valued being a nurse, she replied: "Massively - it was everything."

She said she would "go on every course possible to be the best that I could".

Ms Letby told jurors that while the unit was "noticeably busier" between June 2015 and June 2016, and there were "a lot more" babies with "complex needs", staffing levels had not been adjusted accordingly.

She said the death of a baby on the unit affected everyone, adding there was a "noticeable change in atmosphere".

There was no formal support offered, she said, and staff just "leaned on each other".

"You have to carry on and have to be professional for the other babies you're caring for," Ms Letby added.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member