Tucker Carlson is leaving Fox News

Reaction score
Website
peakforum.net
One of the highest rated US TV hosts, Tucker Carlson, is leaving Fox News, the US media giant has announced.
In a statement, Fox News said that the network and Mr Carlson have agreed to "part ways".
His last TV programme was Friday 21 April, the statement added. His primetime slot will now be hosted by a series of interim hosts until a permanent replacement is found.
The brief two paragraph statement gave no reason for the decision.
Mr Carlson was not just a popular evening news programme presenter, but also a historically influential one. His shows frequently set the agenda for conservatives and, by extension, the Republican Party.
The announcement comes just days after Fox News settled a defamation lawsuit from the voting machine company Dominion over its coverage of the 2020 presidential election.

News of Mr Carlson's departure was also announced on air by Fox News with a tribute that thanked him "for his service to the network".
In the lawsuit, Dominion argued that its business was harmed by Fox spreading false claims its machines were rigged against now-former president Donald Trump.
The case prompted disclosures of text messages that showed Mr Carlson's private views contrasted with his on-air output.
READ IN FULL

I never followed him. So I really can't comment if I liked him or not.

READ IN FULL

The announcement comes just days after Fox News settled a defamation lawsuit from the voting machine company Dominion over its coverage of the 2020 presidential election.
I figured this must have been part of the reason why or even the main reason why he had to resign. Since Fox News was charged for defamation which they agreed to settle for. There's likely a possibility that Mr Carlson have been pointed at for playing one role or another in what happened.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member