The idea of lowering the voting age to 12 years old.

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
The idea I have heard of people wanting to see the voting age lowered to 12 years old is probably one of the most ridiculous ideas I have heard. Whilst I do believe that some kids of that age may have a good idea about politics and elections, I still feel it is way too young for them to be able to vote in something so important.

If I were to agree to lower the age of voting I would lower it from 18 to 16 but definitely no lower than 16.

What are your thoughts regarding people's opinion to lower the voting age to 12 years old?

One of the worst electoral malpractices in my country is allowing of underaged kids to vote during election and the electoral body INEC will not disqualify them just so to help the party in power to win the election. Kids as young as 10 years and below are seen voting in each election carried out.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjP9R2Yi9Y

The idea I have heard of people wanting to see the voting age lowered to 12 years old is probably one of the most ridiculous ideas I have heard. Whilst I do believe that some kids of that age may have a good idea about politics and elections, I still feel it is way too young for them to be able to vote in something so important.

If I were to agree to lower the age of voting I would lower it from 18 to 16 but definitely no lower than 16.

What are your thoughts regarding people's opinion to lower the voting age to 12 years old?
I personally don't support that idea of having the 12 year older kids participating on the voting process. In a matter of fact these are still very young and could not be on a good position to make such very crucial decisions politically.

One of the worst electoral malpractices in my country is allowing of underaged kids to vote during election and the electoral body INEC will not disqualify them just so to help the party in power to win the election. Kids as young as 10 years and below are seen voting in each election carried out.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjP9R2Yi9Y
I honestly did not know this was something done in another country so that is something new to me. I guess if the country feels they can get a vote by allowing youngsters to vote they will do it. It's just another way to either keep themselves in power or to get into power.

For instance in my country the government can do anything through they like through the national assembly. So if they like to reduce the voting age to their own benefits, let them do it.
I feel if they know they can get away with it and they know it will benefit them, they will do it regardless and no one will be able to have a say on if it is in law.

It's a shame because in a sense they are abusing their powers to allow minors who do not have a clue just to vote because they can to benefit them.

A 12 year old child is still very young and to a large extend can't be in a good position to make any crucial decisions politically. So it will be better to have them wait still the age of 18. At least by now they will understand better

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member