Should there be a limit on when a child receives pocket money?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Pocket money is something many parents give their kids for completing chores or as a reward for doing well in school or maybe for other reasons.

I have known many people to give their kids pocket money just because and even if they have misbehaved or not done what they were asked they will still give them pocket money regardless.

When it comes to pocket money, do you personally feel there should be a limit on when they receive it and what they should do to receive it?

If my child is responsible, there's nothing that's going to stop me from giving him or her pocket money as long as he or she is still living under my roof. Once the money is there for me to give, my child deserve it.

I won't give my child pocket money because he deserves it. From age 7, I would start giving my kids pocket money as an obligation. The goal is to ensure that they start building financial awareness and intelligence at that young age. Give pocket money and start teaching how to save and invest. That's my own proposed pattern pending when the kids are coming.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member