Should there be a ban on plastic carrier bags?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
If I remember rightly, it was in October 2015 when the UK started to put a price on plastic carrier bags. They started charging I believe 5 pence each time you needed a carrier bag but I know that has now increased depending on the store, in some cases, it can be as high as 30 pence for a bag now.

I always try to bring my own reusable bags with me so that I do not need to buy a plastic bag but in some cases, I have been known to forget and have had to buy one.

Do you think plastic bags should be banned and there should be something else available that is better for the environment? Maybe banning plastic bags would encourage people to buy a bag for life and use that.

Well, there is in deed a need to ban the manufacturing and usage of the plastic bags in a country. I think the plastic is best environmental pollutant and it causes harm to the marine life too. This is through the sense that our beaches are flooded by plastic bags and bottles that real pollutes the environment and keeps the aquatic life at stake.

As a country the government initiated a ban on the plastic usage in the year 2017.
Ever since the ban our environment is quite improving.

However the government replaced the plastic career bags with non woven material that decomposes with time. This makes it to be more environmentally friendly.
I heard the other day that our neighbouring countries are now planning to do the same.

Pollution is among the biggest challenges we face every day and it's making the environment turn into a big mess. Even the water life is affected by the rate of pollution we see everyday and the use of plastic bags is contributing so much to that. Whatever the government needs to do in order to keep that in check is fully supported by me.

We have seen some significant positive changes ever since the government introduced the plastic ban. Our country is fairly clean and environmental friendly especially in the beaches. The marine life is enjoying a pollution free environment as most of its pollutants were made majorly in the plastics.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member