Should teachers have a uniform?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
With so many children needing to follow uniform rules at school it got me thinking, would it encourage the students to wear a uniform if the teachers also had a uniform that they had to wear as well?

I always remember in school how we all had to wear a specific uniform but teachers could come in wearing what they liked and students often used to say something about that if they got picked up on their uniform.

Should teachers have a uniform like students?

Why in the world would teachers be asked to wear uniforms? Who even comes up with such ideas? It's completely unheard-of and I won't support it at all. So, because students are expected to wear uniforms now someone is arguing that teachers too should wear uniforms? It's absolute madness to ask teachers to wear uniforms as far as I'm concerned.

I think this is not something that shouldn't made a must for the teachers. I bet the teacher s must be different from the students. So with that being said, the teachers should be left to put on the clothes of their choice while at work.

Why in the world would teachers be asked to wear uniforms? Who even comes up with such ideas? It's completely unheard-of and I won't support it at all. So, because students are expected to wear uniforms now someone is arguing that teachers too should wear uniforms? It's absolute madness to ask teachers to wear uniforms as far as I'm concerned.
Agreed, some schools though do enforce a policy where if students need to wear a blazer, so do the staff. For example at the school my kids go to, all staff wear a blazer along with either a knee-length or lower skirt or dress pants and a button shirt. It may not be the exact uniform as the students but it is the same clothing.

Private schools in their packaging moves demand that teachers should wear a uniform. I believe that with the craziness with fashion, it is important to have teachers wear uniforms because they are role models to the students.

I personally feel that uniforms should not be there even for students. It's okay for schools to have dress codes and come up with certain inhibitions like not too costly dresses are allowed on campus. Each one is unique and our dressing style compliment our uniqueness. I don't want that to be overlooked by imposing uniform on them.
The alternative education system in our country like Waldorf, Montessori etc have no uniform for students. They have dress codes for students as well as teachers.
In other schools, there is uniform for students and dress codes for teachers.

In some schools or universities, there is a compulsory uniform for teachers as well as students and this is something that could be a pro so instead of teachers and students losing a lot of time in makeup they just wear uniforms and go teaching or studying.

One of the reasons I resigned from a school I was teaching was because of this uniform issue. It is reasonable to maintain decorum among teachers by giving them a dress code but outrightly telling them to wear a specific uniform is plain wrong. At their levels as teachers , they are supposed to be free to wear whatever they want.

Yes, it should be a police one, just kidding 😂. No, I don't see why they need uniforms, unless the kids have them and they don't want hypocrisy. Well, I think it depends on the individual situation of the school, really.

In my country, public schools mandate their teachers to wear uniforms and it is the same nationwide. I believe this is to identify them as teachers. I don't see any problem with this. One, they save money because they don't need to buy new sets of clothes. Another is people can identify them easily in the crowd.

I think it depends on the school, if they believe having a uniform for the teachers would be an added advantage to them, then why not. Over here in my country, why most teachers do not have a uniform, they are given a dress code for Mondays to Thursdays, and a separate one on fridays. It helps keeps things organized and prevent indecent dressings.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member