Should SATS be scrapped?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
I am not sure if this is done in all countries but in the UK, children in their final year of primary school have exams that are called SATS. The results of the SATS determine their target grades for their GCSEs and are what their secondary school works towards throughout their five years in secondary. In some cases, these can not be accurate and they do not reflect the changes as they go through their secondary school years.

Due to them being so inconsistent, many have called for them to be scrapped but so far, that has not happened and children are still having to take them each year when they get into their final year of primary school.

What are your thoughts on SATS? Should they be scrapped?

Unfortunately, we don't have anything like SATS exams for kids here. If we did and they are inconsistent, I'm very sure that most people or parents would call for it be scrapped since it's not living up to the expectations.
This I agree with. It's a shame they take something that is around 5 years earlier than their leaving date from school to determine the predicted grades they will get that will set them up for the rest of their life.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member