Should firework sales to the public be banned?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Each year in the UK we have bonfire night which falls on the 5th of November and it is called Guy Fawkes Night. This is celebrated by people building bonfires, making Guy Fawkes, and then placing them on the bonfire to burn whilst setting off or watching fireworks.

Whilst you are able to buy small garden fireworks that are pretty safe to use in a small area, each year I find that more people are able to get hold of factory fireworks that are more for huge events that are monitored. This leads to a lot of issues with possible accidents, injuries and even upsetting the general public and animals.

I have always said that I would love to see fireworks banned for public sale and instead, more events take place so people can celebrate something like bonfire night safely without causing any upset.

Do you feel fireworks should be banned from public sale?

Banning fireworks sales is going to take a lot of people out of business and that's going to be a problem in my opinion. I understand that its usage may cause accidents and injuries but that's not enough to have it banned. What I thing should be done is have a law made to hold anyone who uses it to cause accident or injuries to anyone responsible.

Banning fireworks sales is going to take a lot of people out of business and that's going to be a problem in my opinion. I understand that its usage may cause accidents and injuries but that's not enough to have it banned. What I thing should be done is have a law made to hold anyone who uses it to cause accident or injuries to anyone responsible.
I can see where you are coming from, businesses would be affected badly if the sale of fireworks were to be banned and a lot of the time, the issues caused are from those who get fireworks and misuse them.

I have often wondered if maybe a fireworks license or permit would be a better option to be sure you were selling fireworks to those who had good intentions.

Fireworks should be legal. However, kids need supervision. If they're not given that, the parents should pay harshly
Kids do need supervision, you are very much right. A lot of the time or at least the experience over here is that a lot of the kids that end up in possession of fireworks tend to have parents who could care less what they are doing as long as they are not bothering them.

Most can get adults to go into the store to buy the fireworks and hand them over out of sight. Makes it difficult to pin point a lot of the time who bought them and who used them resulting in the parents getting away with neglect and not knowing where their kids are or what they are up to.

Fireworks is already banned in my country. it was almost turning a menace as explosion from fireworks goes off indiscriminately during the past festive season. So the appropriate authority had to get it banned and I loved it.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member