Politics of another country?

I agree with keeping an eye on major economies. I am always told by Americans when I voice my opinion on their politics "Why are you so bothered, you don't live here" and my answer is always "I have to be bothered because what happens in your country may very well affect us as well" and it's very true.

I think it could potentially help you make better life choices, if you're aware of the economical situation. For example, what jobs to go for, what country to live in to maximise your income and pay the least tax.

It depends on the person though, to a more or less extent as for the level of interest displayed. I enjoy debating topics with people, it's interesting to learn views and perspectives of others.

However, I do feel that being exposed to so much negativity in the news can desensitise you... just because you hear about it so much! It's a defence mechanism. Do you feel that happening to you? I also feel like I sometimes need a break from the news as it can drive you insane! So, every fortnight or so, I'll take a break for a few days. However, in generally, I feel impatient to catch up with the daily news just as I like to be in the know of all juicy gossip. Do you feel you need a break from the news and politics?

Politics in another country, especially big economies, affect your country as well. When Russia and Ukraine went to war, food prices went up in my home country because we were importing so many things from Ukraine.
Yeah it's frustrating that we're affected by it more than Russia isn't it? Since Russia still unfortunately have their Asian friends to not so low-key fund their war :(

Whatever that happens in US politics that affects their currency dollars 💵, always affects almost the whole world except for a few countries like Russia and the rest. My country depends on dollars so much for their import and export.

One time a white South African commented that unless a person lived in a country (for a minimum amount of time), that country's affairs was none of their business. Well, it's obvious this was a reaction to criticism of South Africa. Anyway, though, it's difficult to totally ignore the internal affairs of other countries when the situation there is very dramatic.

Last edited:
718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member