Is Honesty Always the Best Policy?

This was something I heard a lot as a child growing up and the more I have gotten older, the more I have realized that sometimes, a little white lie is never as bad as it seems, it just depends on what the white lie is regarding.

I have been known to tell some white lies in the past but it's been for reasons that have not caused any severe issues, for those who tend to lie a lot and it becomes a habit, those are the lies I am not for.

Is Honesty Always the Best Policy?
Yes but not without Empathy, Authenticity, Truth, Genuineness, Compassion, etc, etc, etc...

....and most importantly not without first applying all of these inwardly upon self.

One can never Truly be Honest with any other if not first being Truly Honest with one's-self, that we are all flawed.

We’ve heard it since we were young, “honesty is the best policy.” But how much weight does it carry?
As much weight as you will so.

Are all lies bad,
Yes. Of course.

or is it necessary to tell a little white lie here and there?
No. Hypocrites & narcissists probably love telling their-false-selves otherwise.

A lie is a lie.

There is no spectrum.

One either speaks Truth or does not speak truth but falsehoods.

#Agape

Same.

😎Ya know, one does not need to be dishonest to evade revealing sensitive information, especially when one must.
If there is a single thing that defines my marriage as an example, it is brutal honesty and transparency. That's why I have the best marriage in my world. It's incredible how practicing honesty leads to supper deep connections with other humans. It's a beautiful thing and bring you peace.

For me, there's nothing like a little lie to me. A lie is lie, end of story. I want honesty from my friends at all times and I'll do my best to give it back 100% at all times. I can't stand dishonesty for one second.

This is the same here. I want my friends to be open with me and tell me the truth always. Why should you be telling a lie and claim that you are doing so not to hurt me? How does it sound?

I don't agree with hurting people's feelings in many cases and it's not political correctness, but just kindness. There's no point in saying what's in your head all the time. I mean, hasn't anyone seen the movie Liar, Liar?

Anyway, I think God understands, though lying is a ten commandment.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member