Gravel Rash (online short novel)

Reaction score
Written by Booksurfer1 from NZ(a member of my board - NZFSF)

Please feel welcome to come check it out and give 'em some encouragement, he's put a lot of effort in to this.

It's actually pretty good too, i've known him for about a year and was completely surprised to learn how talented he is.

We've had quite a bit of "guest" traffic specifically for his short novel, yet apparently i'm the only one who's bothered to show support via reactions—and though these shouldn't matter, i think he's hiding that he feels a little disheartened considering so many "guests" took the time to read but left without saying anything.

i've made a concept cover for Gravel Rash, and i'm gently encouraging him to think about self publishing it in NZ, which i'm gonna help meet the ~$5000 if he decides to.

Cheers
magicut_1679564687793.png

Never heard of it,

but i have had the rash...

Sport Omg GIF by GoPlay

So, you are willing to invest $5000 to help your friend publish a book? I think a better option would be to publish as an ebook and paperback on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. You can spend $100-$200 on ads to generate sales. If you do not know how this is done, I can help. I have helped a lot of people publish books on Amazon.

So, you are willing to invest $5000 to help your friend publish a book? I think a better option would be to publish as an ebook and paperback on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. You can spend $100-$200 on ads to generate sales. If you do not know how this is done, I can help. I have helped a lot of people publish books on Amazon.
😄Tbh, i'd be willing to spend $∞ to help a friend.

Thanks for the suggestions, and yeah you've definitely presented very good points there aye.

Hey your generous proposal is actually something i'd be keen to discuss further, and you're absolutely right, i have no clue how to do basically anything in this crazy internet realm.

Currently busy af with a major project, though hoping you might still be around maybe sometime in the next month to explore this option?

i know now that Booksurfer1(*author) isn't interested in money or fame or whatever—yet i reckon it'd be a nice surprise for him to see his novelette actually get published.

Cheers Nomad

Amazon is a big market for authors. You can reach globally without having to spend any money. You need funds to promote and market books, though. Having a book on Amazon will also establish your credibility as an author. Even if you do not care about money, it would be nice to build authorship. You can publish your book in multiple formats (ebooks, paperbacks and audiobooks)

😄Tbh, i'd be willing to spend $∞ to help a friend.

Thanks for the suggestions, and yeah you've definitely presented very good points there aye.

Hey your generous proposal is actually something i'd be keen to discuss further, and you're absolutely right, i have no clue how to do basically anything in this crazy internet realm.

Currently busy af with a major project, though hoping you might still be around maybe sometime in the next month to explore this option?

i know now that Booksurfer1(*author) isn't interested in money or fame or whatever—yet i reckon it'd be a nice surprise for him to see his novelette actually get published.

Cheers Nomad
A friend in need is definitely a friend indeed. If we have more like you in the world today, I'm very sure that the world wouldn't be the **** show it is the way we see it too.

I sincerely hope that everything goes well with whichever way you finally decide to assist your friend with publishing his book.

Amazon is a big market for authors. You can reach globally without having to spend any money. You need funds to promote and market books, though. Having a book on Amazon will also establish your credibility as an author. Even if you do not care about money, it would be nice to build authorship. You can publish your book in multiple formats (ebooks, paperbacks and audiobooks)
😮We can,...do that?

Tbh i don't even know what Amazon is, guess i better go check it out.

For reals yo, thank you.

A friend in need is definitely a friend indeed. If we have more like you in the world today, I'm very sure that the world wouldn't be the **** show it is the way we see it too.

I sincerely hope that everything goes well with whichever way you finally decide to assist your friend with publishing his book.
Totally agree Heatman. Ironic that i was hoping to use my amateurish forum-itself to help this old dude share his literary creativity with the world,...🙂for real, he's a brilliant poet—and debater.

Also had hoped the forum could help another dude share his 1000+ audio tracks too.

Unfortunately that forums hope is completely rooted and wholly unsalvageable.
imo nzfsf.nz done 'n' dusted aye.

😄Bit of a shame too,... coz the last 6 months developing nzfsf.nz really was a lot of fun...

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member