Family Advantage in Politics and Wealth

Reaction score
A lot of people resent, for instance, the Kennedys, and it's not all about politics. For instance, Lyndon Johnson (a liberal democrat), the former president of the US, resented Robert Kennedy cause he thought he was some punk that never earned what he had and also there was resentment of his dad for being a rich snob.

Well, do you feel family politics is a problem? It seems like this hatred which some say would be jealousy is well earned, though. I mean, when John F. Kennedy became president he even appointed his brother Robert as attorney general.

Myself, I see the hyper-competitiveness and advantages of such families to be incredibly obnoxious. :mad:

Jealousy and envious feelings are very common in Human. And human beings basically stay the same despite the socio economic differences, the core human feelings stay same. Jealousy and envy stays in all families. But yes, if it's a rich and famous family, it gets a lot of media attention and limelight.
I don't like the fact when rich and powerful, especially those in politics go for nepotism over real deserving people.

If we are talking about an advanced American society where majority of the things are on merit, there is absolutely no need to detest those people because of their influential background. The American people for instance voted for Kennedy. He didn't use family influence to pull through.

Not matter how much we want to lie to ourselves, coming from an influential family gives you a head start over others. Life is very difficult when you are trying to move from zero to one than moving with something.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member