Do you believe fast food chains are the cause of the obesity issue?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Over the years we have seen the number of fast-food chains increase quite a lot and due to that, obesity seems to be an issue now for many places in the world leading people to believe that fast-food chains are the cause of high levels of obesity.

It seems sometimes that when a store closes down, it is usually opened back up as a fast-food chain even if more are not needed in the area.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe fast-food chains are the main cause of obesity?

I personally don't even buy chips from McDonald's; I usually buy pre-deep fried chips from the supermarket and heat it in the oven. This is due to price.

We all need and crave treats once in a while, and there're other unhealthy foods such as cakes, biscuits, etc. These all contribute to obesity. In addition to a lack of exercise.

Most people don't fulfil the physical activity guidelines as recommended by the NHS: nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/keeping-active/keeping-active-guidelines#:~:text=Try%20to%20be%20active%20every,%2C%20chest%2C%20shoulders%20and%20arms) I remember reading an article on this subject somewhere.

I personally don't even buy chips from McDonald's; I usually buy pre-deep fried chips from the supermarket and heat it in the oven. This is due to price.

We all need and crave treats once in a while, and there're other unhealthy foods such as cakes, biscuits, etc. These all contribute to obesity. In addition to a lack of exercise.

Most people don't fulfil the physical activity guidelines as recommended by the NHS: nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/keeping-active/keeping-active-guidelines#:~:text=Try%20to%20be%20active%20every,%2C%20chest%2C%20shoulders%20and%20arms) I remember reading an article on this subject somewhere.
I can agree with you on the activity guidelines, many people do not tend to get out and walk or even try and stay active and that can also lead to obesity and health issues even if you eat healthily or not.

Nowadays though we see apps much like Just Eat, Uber Eats, and Deliveroo and some of them offer coupon codes to get some money off your order, this usually only applies if you spend say £10 or even £15 and I have even seen as high as £20. Some people will purposely spend that much just to get the money off and be able to use the coupon even if they are buying for themselves and that can not help.

I can agree with you on the activity guidelines, many people do not tend to get out and walk or even try and stay active and that can also lead to obesity and health issues even if you eat healthily or not.

Nowadays though we see apps much like Just Eat, Uber Eats, and Deliveroo and some of them offer coupon codes to get some money off your order, this usually only applies if you spend say £10 or even £15 and I have even seen as high as £20. Some people will purposely spend that much just to get the money off and be able to use the coupon even if they are buying for themselves and that can not help.
Yeah takeaways are becoming a common social lazy thing too

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member