Competitive inter-forum formal debating events(¿?)

Reaction score
magicut_1705550875072.jpg

😎I would like to propose a competition between nzfsf.nz's top 3 debaters ~vs~ debatehq's top 3 debaters.

magicut_1705550915970.jpg

The motivation here is primarily for hopefully boosting engagement for both forums, as well as for enabling opportunities for us to potentially further develop ourselves.....and of course we would set-up prizes too.

What I'm thinking is that we could take turns hosting the championship debates at each forum.

magicut_1705551562865.png

Now, please note: I've only just thought of this and haven't really had adequate time to figure out exactly how this might work...so do feel most welcome to add your suggestions. Surely we can come up with a viable—and fun inter-forum debate comp.

Has anyone here done something like this before?

Because your experiences & insights will be of great value, if you would be so kind.

At the moment I'm sorta thinking this comp would be a monthly event, eg:

•1) at the beginning of each month we somehow randomly draw a primary topic to debate.

•2) from week 1 to 3 we hold 3 debates within our respective forums related to the primary topic and only against members within our respective forums.

•3) from these 3 internal debates amongst local members, we could then establish the top 3 debaters for that month who will challenge the other forum's top 3.

•4) During week 4 of each month we would pair up the #1, #2 & #3 debaters who will participate in the 3 primary inter-forum debates.(🤔perhaps to make it simpler we use sudden death rules?)

•Whatever the case, I don't mind providing the prizes, and basically the way I'm thinking of this would result with all 6 top debaters each month winning a prize.

-eg: perhaps...

•1st) $50usd
•2nd) $35usd
•3rd) $25usd
•4th) $15usd
•5th) $10usd
•6th) $5usd

😄 Something along these line anyway.

magicut_1705651274048.jpg

😁So yeah, thoughts?

Would anyone here be keen to join in?

718Threads