Are books better than television?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
You may have heard people say it a lot, especially over the years how television is bad for you and that reading books can benefit you more. I remember even as a kid I used to hear that a lot.

My family would always buy me books and encourage me to read and I will admit, it did help me in terms of learning and also in terms of writing and also my grammar.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe books are better than television?

It depends on what's good and better for you to learn from. If it's more easier for you to learn from reading books, that's what you should do and if it's better for you to learn from watching TV, that's the path you should follow.
But generally for academic purposes, books are what you're expected to read.

As far as I am concerned, I back for books over the television. When you read a book you actually get into the sense of reading whereby you can concentrate and at times you read between the lines until you understand the concept. Unlike on the television whereby you see some some pictures and visual interpretation that moves too faster on the screens without grasping anything for the slow learners.

It depends on what's good and better for you to learn from. If it's more easier for you to learn from reading books, that's what you should do and if it's better for you to learn from watching TV, that's the path you should follow.
But generally for academic purposes, books are what you're expected to read.
This always used to be the case when I was in school, you were always expected to read books when it came to learning, and many used to get bored easily doing that. I feel that is why now in schools they tend to get kids to watch learning videos from YouTube rather than read books as they seem to pay more attention to a video over a book.

This always used to be the case when I was in school, you were always expected to read books when it came to learning, and many used to get bored easily doing that. I feel that is why now in schools they tend to get kids to watch learning videos from YouTube rather than read books as they seem to pay more attention to a video over a book.

It is the reason why I believe that incorporation of any means that is going to make education very easy for students to adapt when it comes to learning is always going to be of a better advantage in helping kids learn.

It is the reason why I believe that incorporation of any means that is going to make education very easy for students to adapt when it comes to learning is always going to be of a better advantage in helping kids learn.

Education made easy is the one where the kids feel relaxed to learn. It doesn't come easy, but government and private schools should aim to make kids enjoy learning.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member