Weather enthusiasts talking about another scorching summer for the UK.

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
I tend to follow a lot of weather pages on Facebook and have done for around 10 years now. Of all the ones that I follow, one of them has been pretty accurate over the years and more so last year when we saw temperatures reach 40 degrees, the highest I believe we have ever seen in the UK to date.

This specific page fired out warnings and even ranted about people saying that it was over-exaggerated and that the temperatures we would be getting would cause a lot of problems not only health-wise but also to homes and buildings as well.

As we know now, he wasn't wrong and many probably wish they had listened.

This same weather page is now saying that this year we could be seeing another scorching summer similar to last year and I for one am not looking forward to that at all.

Do you feel that hotter summers are something we are now going to have to get used to in the UK?

Most probably, yes, there's a noticeable pattern of increasing temperatures during the summer over the years.

Spain recorded its hottest ever temperature for April on Thursday, hitting 38.8C according to the country's meteorological service.

It's only April, and look.
For days a blistering heatwave has hit the country with temperatures 10-15C warmer than expected for April.

It's been driven by a mass of very hot air from Africa, coupled with a slow moving weather system.

It's a pattern.
Eight countries in central and eastern Europe set new all time highs for the warmest January weather on the very first day of this year.

Countries across Asia have seen extreme heat in recent weeks. In northwest Thailand, the temperature hit 45.4C on 15 April, while in Laos it reached 42.7C.

In Bangladesh, the capital Dhaka saw the mercury rise above 40C, believed to be the hottest day in 58 years.

However, we can't be sure.
While parts of Britain are cooler than average right now, the opposite is the case in many regions of Spain.

I'm sure there'll be a major heatwave this summer but we can never be sure. In fact we may even experience one soon unexpectedly.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member