Do you believe mobile phones should be allowed in schools with rules?

Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
At the moment in schools in England, it is said that they can take their phones to school but they have to stay in their bag, be turned off and they must not be seen at all during school hours. This results in children not bothering a lot of the time to take their phones to school as they either feel there is no point or they worry about getting it confiscated if it is seen.

I personally see it as a safety thing for my kids to have their phones with them so if they get into any issues they can call me, another family member or even emergency services if necessary.

Do you believe that mobile phones should be allowed in schools with rules to prevent them from using them to say cheat in lessons or even in exams?

You're not allowed to use smartphone in class during lectures because it's going to be a huge distraction. You're also not allowed smartphone when having any test or exams in order to avoid using them to cheating. It's the way things are done here with having smartphone in school.

For me I don't support that issue at all. The mobile phones should not be allowed in the schools at all. When the children that are in the boarding schools may have issues they can contact their teachers to contact the parent or care givers.

You're not allowed to use smartphone in class during lectures because it's going to be a huge distraction. You're also not allowed smartphone when having any test or exams in order to avoid using them to cheating. It's the way things are done here with having smartphone in school.
This is similar to how it is done over here but it is also that if you are seen with the phone in your hand at all during school time it will be confiscated so for example, if you are on break and with your friends and you want to check something on your phone and get caught, you lose your phone. I think that is a little too harsh. I can understand not being allowed to use it in lessons as it's a distraction and not being able to use it in exams due to cheating but any other time such as breaks I would think they would be a little lenient.
For me I don't support that issue at all. The mobile phones should not be allowed in the schools at all. When the children that are in the boarding schools may have issues they can contact their teachers to contact the parent or care givers.
What about those children who are not in boarding school and at a normal school that finishes in the afternoon? Say they were walking home and there was an emergency and they needed to get help or even contact their parents because of it, they wouldn't be able to do that due to not having their phone on them, and that could cause a big issue.

718Threads
6,128Messages
61Members
KeraLatest member